Interested in some free subscriptions? Of course you are, my stingy engineer friend! We all are.
Here are my top 5 free magazine subscriptions on behalf of our friends over at Mechanical Engineers Network.
1) Engineered Systems (ES) magazine provides practical, energy-efficient solutions for mechanical engineering projects. Whether it's a renovation or new construction, ES delivers new ideas to help your commercial, institutional, industrial, and government buildings achieve LEED and Energy Star certification. Written by engineers for engineers.
2) NASA Tech Briefs: The monthly magazine features exclusive reports of innovations developed by NASA and its industry partners/contractors that can be applied to develop new/improved products and solve engineering or manufacturing problems. - See more at: http://mechanicalengineersnetwork.tradepub.com/free-offer/nasa-tech-briefs/nasa?sr=hm&_t=hm:#sthash.7w8tGRLR.dpuf
3) Gear Solutions presents a level playing field on which any company or organization from large to small can contribute its expertise, through a variety of formats. Their columnists address such issues as safety, gear-tooth geometry, laser technology, and technical standards developed by AGMA, while their featured writers cover everything from heat treating to work holding, noise analysis, software, gear inspection, and new materials.
4) Just as its name implies, Wind Systems will address all aspects of manufacturing the hardware required for successful wind power production. Each issue will contain informative articles on the materials utilized in towers, turbines, and gearboxes; the processes for grinding, shaping, and finishing component parts; and the computer technologies allowing for greater design creativity and flexibility.
5) LEDs Magazine is a bimonthly publication available by FREE subscription as an electronic (PDF) download. The magazine contains technical articles, case studies, application notes, product information, business and financial news, and a wide variety of other information relevant to the LED industry.
There are heaps of other titles available, including Chemical Engineering, Power Engineering International, Offshore, Industrial Safety & Hygiene News, Control Engineering, Environmental Design + Construction, Hydrocarbon Engineering, Turbomachinery International, and Machinery Lubrication. Take one or take them all...if you have the time to spare! Some are available in hardcopy, some just in PDF.